Get copies of your medical records to coordinate with other care provider or to have on hand. We also can help you fill out disability or FMLA paperwork.
Request Your Medical Records
Getting your medical records has never been easier! Now you can request your medical records online.
If you have a MyChart account, you have access to all of your medical records at any time within MyChart. If you would like to request a separate copy, please complete the Request for Medical Records Release Form for your region.
- Hampton Roads: Online Request for Medical Records
- Lynchburg Area: Online Request for Medical Records
- Northern Virginia: Online Request for Medical Records
- Richmond Area: Online Request for Medical Records
- Southwest Virginia Area: Online Request for Medical Records
The form goes directly to Sharecare for processing. Sharecare begins processing your request within 48 hours of submitting it.
For questions or to ask about the status of your request, please call Sharecare at 877-270-4365.
Request for Disability/FMLA Form Requests
If you are in Northern Virginia or in the Richmond area: please bring your disability or FMLA form to the office during your office visit. If you have any questions or need a status update, please call the office you go to.
If you are in the Lynchburg area, Southwest Virginia area, or Hampton Roads: Submit an Online Request for Disability/FMLA
Once you have submitted your form, Sharecare will contact you within 48 hours to collect payment for processing.
For questions or to ask about the status of your request, please call Sharecare at 866-273-4039.
Requests from Third Parties
If you are not an OrthoVirginia patient and need to submit a request for the medical records of an OrthoVirginia patient, you may submit your request along with the patient’s authorization through our portal. Please click on the link for the region where the patient was seen.
- Hampton Roads: Third Party Request for Medical Records
- Lynchburg Area: Third Party Request for Medical Records
- Northern Virginia: Third Party Request for Medical Records
- Richmond Area: Third Party Request for Medical Records
- Southwest Virginia Area: Third Party Request for Medical Records
After you have submitted the form with the patient’s authorization, Sharecare will contact you to move forward if payment is required prior to processing. Otherwise, Sharecare will promptly process your request.
For questions or to ask about the status of your request, please call Sharecare at 858-244-1811.
Medical Records Request Process FAQ
There are two ways to get your medical records.
- Your OrthoVirginia MyChart account holds all of your OrthoVirginia medical records. You may view and use these records at any time for no charge within your MyChart account. Learn more about MyChart at orthovirginia.com/mychart.
- If you would like to request a separate copy of your medical records, please complete the Online Request for Medical Records found at orthovirginia.com/medical-records.
- There are no fees to access your medical records within MyChart.
- If you request a separate copy of your medical records, there is a reasonable cost-based fee that may apply to your request. An invoice will be sent first. The records will be released after payment.
You may pay online or by phone.
- If you provide a working email address on your request, you will receive an email notification with a payment link to allow you to pay on the Sharecare payment portal website.
- If you did not provide an email address on your request or cannot locate the email notification but would like you pay online, you can pay at payonline.hds.sharecare.com. You will need your Request ID to make the payment.
Pay by phone
- Call the Sharecare Customer Service Department at 858-244-18111. They accept all major credit cards. They do not accept HSA cards as a payment method.
A Request ID is a unique ID specific to the individual patient and request for records being completed. Sharecare assigns the ID. If you are unable to locate it, you can contact Sharecare for assistance at 858-244-1811.
You can contact the Sharecare Customer Service Department at 858-244-1811 for the status of your form, as well as the Request ID number associated with your form.
Please allow 48 hours for Sharecare to receive your request from the time you submit it to OrthoVirginia. Once payment is received, it may take up to 5-7 business days to complete the request.
Please reach out to Sharecare at 858-244-1811 with any additional questions.