OrthoVirginia seeks an experienced HR Generalist to join the administrative offices located in Fairfax, VA. The HR Generalist proactively manages and supports the day-to-day HR operations for the physician practice’s North region of 500+ employees. This person will be responsible for full employment cycle including providing recruitment support, onboarding, processing personal/job/benefit changes in HRIS/Payroll systems, reporting, taking part in HR events and programs, compensation, employee relations, and benefits administration. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer of Ancillary Services.
Minimum qualifications include: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, psychology, or other relevant course work. Minimum seven years of experience in an HR administrative or generalist role. Healthcare experience is a plus. Understanding and application of various federal and local laws pertaining to employment is essential; including FMLA, FLSA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA, NLRA and EEO.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of general human resources principles, policies, practices, laws and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in an environment of multiple responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, maintaining strict confidentiality as appropriate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, CBIZ or other HRIS
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Along with a team-oriented and collaborative work environment, OrthoVirginia offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits; including generous paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plans, life insurance and disability coverage, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits effective upon date of hire.