OrthoVirginia is actively recruiting an Insurance Verification Coordinator to join the Billing Department in Fairfax, VA (near Fair Oaks). The Insurance Verification Coordinator verifies benefits, obtains precertification for all durable medical equipment (DME) and orthotics cases, and relays benefit information to the patient. General responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the schedule for DME and orthotics cases on a daily basis
- Verifying all benefits and obtains precerts/authorizations if necessary
- Contacting the patient and discussing the benefit information
- Communicating to the office and to the facility of any concerns
- Sets up Self Payment Agreements for all surgery cases for all locations
- Compiles weekly and monthly reports of revenue collected
Basic qualifications include: high school diploma, some college preferred. Three years of Insurance Verification and Precertification preferred. Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9/10 coding/ knowledge of medical terminology, medical office billing policies and procedures. Knowledge of insurance/managed care billing procedures. Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Along with a team-oriented and collaborative work environment, we offer competitive salaries and outstanding benefits; including vacation, sick and personal leave, paid holidays, retirement plans, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits effective upon date of hire.
Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Indicate “Insurance Verification” in the subject line.